Saturday, December 22, 2007

San Diego Craigslist Community Miss List Pic!

For the scoop on the Craigslist (owned by eBay!) versus Listpic war there is an interesting article from Wired.

Listpic is a web site that presented craigslist using displaying the pictures from the listings in a thumbnail layout. This saved time as you did not have to click on each posting to see the picture.

From the “About” page in Listpic:

“When looking for furniture on Craigslist, the main thing I wanted to do was browse through all the photos. I didn't know the exact furniture I wanted, but I knew what I liked once I saw it. I ended up clicking in and out of all the listings with pics. It took forever and made me go crazy! I stopped right there and thought to myself, there must be a better way of doing this”

Now Listpic is a competitor to Craigslist. Time will tell if they gain market traction.

I miss the the graphical view of Craigslist and regret that the parties could not work out their issues.

No comments:

Blog Posts

AddThis Social Bookmark Button